Retromedya strategically positioned herself at the intersection of Convergening Media and Telecom Industries since 2002. Since that time, Retromedya believed that the technological trends will lead the emergence of a new type of media and entertainment consumer, connected and stayed online at anytime, anywhere (to be called Homo Connectus maybe?). With this vision in mind, Retromedya provided convergent digital & mobile entertainment services to end-users by using its strategic relationships with Media Industry and Mobile & Fixed Operators. Most of these services became the end user’s first choice of entertainment;
- First to launch location based SMS chat service (September 2002)
- First anonymous chat service (September 2002)
- First IVR chat service (September 2002)
- First confession application (December 2002)
- First logo & ringtone application (February 2003)
- First Turkish chat service in Germany (March 2003)
- First integrated IVR chat (March 2003)
- First teletext integrated chat service in Turkey (June 2003)
- First dedicated Mobile and TV convergent applications, namely SMS TV(June 2003) with the brand of SHOWCEP.
- First MMS chat application in Turkey (January 2005)
- First Java chat application in Turkey (May 2005)
- First chat service from Turkey in the U.S. (January 2006)
- Eurovision Song Contest ’06 SMS Voting (May 2006)
- Started to provide SMS based news package services for Skyturk, ShowTV and Aksam (Newspaper) (June 2006)
- Launch of mobile gateway services for 3rd party VAS providers. (September 2007)
- First Operator Branded white label chat and community service in Turkey (November 2008)
- First 3rd party LBS service in Turkey (July 2009)
- First 3G video news service in Turkey (Aug 2009)
- Record Breaking SMS Voting Implementations for “Yeteneksizsiniz” & Survivor TV Shows (Feb, Sep 2010).
- Started to Provide Loyalty Club Services for Mobile Operators (namely Vodafone Farmer’s Club) (Jan 2011).
- First Integrated and Progessive Mobile Betting Info Service. (Feb 2011).
- Selected by Türk Telekom and Vodafone as a M-Payment Provider. (July 2011).
- Breaking again its own processing traffic record with voting implementations for Survivor, Yetenek Siziniz, Yok Böyle Dans (Feb- Dec 2011).
- Started to provide SMS info news and Interactive Radio Services for Maraton.com, LigRadyo, Radyosport, Radyo Tatlises, Slowtime (Nov 2011) and Radio Traffic.
Retromedya uses own platforms and applications.